What is time management?
It is a set of principles, practices, skills, tools and systems that help you use your time to accomplish what you want.
Why is time management important?
Time management is important for your personal life and career success. It teaches you how to manage your time effectively and make the most of it.
Here are a few of the reasons why it is so important, and how it can help you use and manage your time more advantageously:
1. Time is a special resource that you cannot store or save for later use. Everyone has the exact same amount of time each day. Time not well used cannot be retrieved.
2. Most people, feel like they have too much to do and not enough time. They blame lack of time for their poor finances, stress, bad relationships, and for not exercising their body.
Wise time management can help you find the time for what you desire, and for what you need to do.
3. You need time to get what you want out of life. If you wait for extra time to appear, you might lose the game of life. Through right time management, you can “create” the time you need, and not just wait for it to come. By planning your time wisely, you will have more time to do more things.
4. Time management will help you set up your priorities.
5. Time is limited to 24 hours a day, so plan your life wisely.
6. Time management helps you make conscious choices, so you can spend more of your time doing things that are important and valuable to you.
7. You can learn to find the time for the things that are important to you. Even a small amount of time once a day, or even once a week, will take you closer to your goals, and you will be surprised at the progress you make.
8. You become more productive using improved time management skills and tools, and can accomplish more with less effort and time. Time management can help you reduce wasted time and energy, help you become more creative and productive, and enable you to do the right thing at the right time. This will of course lead to more balance and fulfillment in your life.
9. Life today presents so many distractions, and therefore, it is very easy to lose time on unimportant activities. Ask yourself, is watching this or that TV program, reading this or that gossip or participating in a certain activity is going to add anything to your life. Is the time spent on a particular activity well spent, or is just a waste of time and energy?
10. Life puts in front of everyone so many choices each day, and the question is, do you follow what appears on your way, or do you consciously choose what you want to do? Do you allow external distractions to deter you from your goal, or do you use willpower and self discipline to walk toward your goal in a straight line, without wasting time and energy?
11. A certain degree of detachment and inner peace are useful in managing your time effectively. They help you avoid spending too much emotional and mental energy on what people say and think about you. They help you stay calm, despite distractions or difficulties, and this saves you a lot of time and energy, which you can spend on better and more rewarding activities.
There are many things you can do and tools to use to manage your time effectively. There is a lot of time wasted each day, which can be put to better uses. There are changes you can make, which will effectively increase the time you have at your disposal every day.
Thinking, planning, finding out how others manage their time, and reading books and articles on time management, will develop these skills and give you good ideas.
Among the many changes that you can make to manage your time, there is one that is important and easily available, and that is getting up early in the morning. Give up watching TV late at night and go to sleep a little earlier than usual. It will then be easier to wake up earlier.
Even waking up only 15 minutes earlier would be great. It is a time of quietude, before everyone else wakes up, which you can devote to reading, meditating, exercising, or planning your day.
To get rid of the feeling that you have much to do and not enough time, try to feel and to think, as if you have all the time in the world.
This kind of thinking would enable you to focus on what you are doing, without stress and strain.
Always plan your time well and don’t waste it on useless matters. Be careful not to procrastinate, and do everything in the best way you can, with focus and attention.
Don’t have enough time in your day? Do you want to learn how to manage your time? Learning about time management can help you manage your time more efficiently.
Developing some willpower and self-discipline will make it much easier to be in control of your time.
Strengthen Your Willpower and Self Discipline
Do you lack inner strength, perseverance, and the ability to stick to your decisions?
You can learn how to strengthen your willpower and self-discipline, overcome procrastination, laziness and impatience, and persevere with any task or goal, until you accomplish it.Read More
About the Author
Remez Sasson is the founder of Success Consciousness website. He is the author of articles and books, teaching how to develop and use the skills, mental tools and inner powers one needs for creating a life of happiness, success, fulfillment and inner peace.
Follow on: Facebook Twitter Google+
This is a guest post by Adrienne Carlson. If you'd like to guest post on this blog, click here.
From the time we begin school till the time we graduate from college, we lead the charmed life of a student. We are free from the regular responsibilities of adult life with nothing to worry about except how to get good grades and enjoy life without getting into any serious trouble.
But in spite of this relatively carefree life, there are certain responsibilities that we have, mainly to ourselves and our personal development. Each year that passes by, we must grow in maturity and wisdom, and one aspect of maturing as a student is to learn how to manage your time. We can all use time management tips and time management for students is important because of the following.
1. Develops Responsibility.
It may be clichéd, but it is true that time and tide wait for no man. Each of us has the same 24 hours in a day, but some of us manage to get more accomplished because we use time more efficiently. This is the difference between successful and responsible adults and others who don’t value time. When you get into the habit of procrastinating as a student, you tend to do the same when you’re an adult. Habits that are learned when young are hard to change the older you become.
2. Leads to Effective Learning.
When you know how to manage time well, you can learn more effectively; you become adept at studying quickly and more efficiently and this allows you more time to do other things. When you become an effective learner, it’s easy to maintain good grades throughout college and secure a good job on graduation, one that pays well and allows you to lead a comfortable life.
3. Results in Efficiency Gains.
College is not about studies and classes alone; there are other activities and interests that you can pursue and which most students seldom find quality time for. When you know how to manage your time well, you have enough time left for social and sporting activities even after devoting an adequate number of hours for your lessons. Some students even manage to find and hold down a job and make money while they learn.
Top Selling Time Management Books – click on any book for more details
4. Aids in Money Management.
In today’s world, time is money, and the more time you waste, the more money you waste. Just as a penny saved is a penny earned, time not wasted is money earned. When you use every minute of your time wisely, you know that you can make money in various ways.
5. Prepares them for the Working World.
When you graduate and start your career, you need to be able to manage your time effectively if you want to be taken seriously and be appreciated by your employers. Even if you’re in business for yourself, unless you know how to make the most efficient use of your time and effectively utilize time management tips, you’re going to find the going tough. Time management for students is important and if you’re a good at time management when in college, this habit helps you when you enter the working world, both in gaining employment and in retaining it.
This guest article was written by Adrienne Carlson, who regularly writes on the topic of accelerated online degrees. She is a graduate in English literature and currently pursuing her masters in Online Journalism.
Please subscribe to my blog using the RSS link or email updates,follow me on Twitter, or on Pinterest.
If you enjoyed this post please click on one of the icons below and share the love.