● Manages and oversees the Box Office Associates in the processing and fulfillment of orders for ticketing requests and memberships made in-person, by phone, mail, or online.
● Provides first-class customer service ensuring that The Vineyard's members and audiences receive professional and efficient service from the Box Office at all times.
● Manages pre show will call operations.
● Maintains an accurate database of event patrons and members, updating and modifying records as necessary.
● Remains knowledgeable and accurately informed of all aspects of The Vineyard's productions, memberships, and special events.
● Builds upcoming events for public purchase and membership reservations in OvationTix.
● Enters performance, ticket holds, member rates, and discounts into OvationTix ticketing system.
● Responsible for accurate daily morning and end of day Box Office reporting.
● Hiring, training, scheduling and supervising the Box Office Associates. Initiatingstrong customer service practices, leading by example.
● Stays current on best practices for Box Office management, including innovative uses of the OvationTix ticketing software.
● Collects and shares feedback with administrative and production staff on a regular basis regarding subscriber and ticket buyer concerns, as well as staff needs.
● Works directly with marketing, Development and production staff, assisting with special projects as needed.
Box Office Assistant Resume Objective
A Box Office Assistant handles ticket sales at an event such as a theater performance or musical show. The assistant is generally responsible for sales, answering questions, distributing pamphlets, and keeping his or her area clean. An objective can aid your resume by detailing your particular interest in this position, any prior experience, or any specific qualifications.
What the Box Office Assistant Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
Skills involved in working as a Box Office Assistant can include the ability to handle monetary transactions of varying types, answering questions specific to the event and to the ticket sales, participating in promotional events, and answering phone calls. The Box Office Assistant should have a friendly disposition, the ability to communicate well verbally, and a personal interest in the event. Other qualities include good math skills, accountability, and a passion for the arts. When creating your resume objective, you’ll want to consider what makes you the ideal candidate for the position. Listing the name of the employer in your objective can also help it stand out.
Sample Box Office Assistant Resume Objectives
Resume objectives call for a particular type of writing style. You want to be as specific as possible without being too wordy. Below are sample resume objectives that you can adjust to work for your resume:
1. Experienced Box Office Assistant with a personal interest in ballet seeking position with ABC company to perform duties and make each audience member’s experience satisfactory.
2. A dependable individual with payment processing experience seeking position with ABC company to provide quality service as Box Office Assistant.
3. Obtain position as Box Office Assistant with ABC company to utilize strengths in monetary transactions and positive communication.
4. An upbeat lover of theater desiring Box Office Assistant position with ABC company to provide seamless service to patrons and participate in overall marketing.
5. Seeking position with ABC company to pursue interest in the live theater experience as Box Office Assistant committed to providing excellent service.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.